Skip to main content

Let’s Get Over This Hike…




Swimming in a pool,
Of empty thoughts,
Wondering where,
She lost all thoughts.

Heading closer,
To the victory point,
Swimming back,
In the pool called mind.

Quarrels between,
Her heart and mind,
Rising high to reach the sky,
Leaving aside the victory point.

Shrinking in her empty thoughts,
Mourning with a pointless cry,
Thinking how it should have gone,
Wondering if she was going to die.

Leading all the fun astray,
She chooses to stay,
And haunt the house,
Forgetting about the victory mark.

A voice she heard,
Called her out,
Told her this,
You can't give up.

Turn away from your nagging mind,
Look around there's positive vibes.
Think about the road you drove,
Keep in mind the seas you swam.

Don't forget the insults and cries,
Fly to all the joys you find,
Don't give in to this messy mind,
Come arise let's get over this hike.


-Debra R. N. Ludwick-

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your Only Choice...

Looking at the clock, Trying hard to stop, The time that runs, With more to be done. Staring at the setting sun, The wind conveys, the night has begun, Fakely accepting, the praises that surrounds, With regrets about, the things undone. The curious eyes, started her chase, Girls with grins, running out of the gates, Guys crawled in, with their long face, Another hopped to shop, with the money he made. The doves flew towards their cage, Owls flew out, with their scary gaze, They all switched shifts, each and every day, For nature's company, isn't that great? When things take place, in unexpected ways, Good things take time, is what they say, Sorrow and joy, may join the same day, Life needs the company of patience, is what I say, In this life things may delay,  But your only choice is to stay. -Debra R. N. Ludwick-

The Narrowing Stream...

When it was time, to be in my mother's reach, I would have welcomed the world, with my baby scream, With my mom and dad, I made my safety team, Oh how I longed, to complete all my vaccines, By that time, I've come all the way to my teens. From then to now, I longed to see, Myself on, the highest mountain peaks, My fears ranged, covering my path with steam, This mind haunted the nights, stealing my sleep, Forever I'm stuck, with these daily routines. How on Earth are these things worth it? To trade my joy, to trade my sleep, I scare my heart, in my mind I scream, When it comes to my life, I feel like a machine, Even they do stop, at their highest degrees. I long and long, forever in life's streets, With one in hand, to the next I reach, This is how the world goes, not only for me, This life on Earth is a narrowing stream, And this stream, seems to be based, on our dreams. -Debra R. N. Ludwick-

You Can Call Me A Pro...

Along with time we all grow, This surely is no secret hidden in the snow, We travel this life with many new Hellos, Something's my friend, I can't let you know. Some took place a long time ago, Some I decided to tear and throw, Some left behind a never-ending glow, Everything my friend, I can't let you know. Its hidden in my mind below, I may take it out, but I'll never show, Not all at once, they might overflow, All of them my friend, I can't let you know. They are all lined up, in my mind, in a row, I store them all, each day, I add more, They are not big deals, that I will let you know, But still my friend, I can't let you know. It's not my pride or my selfishness that glow, It's just that, it's mine and nobody should know, I'll let you know one thing I adore, Don't let your mind be a talking sparrow, I hope you understand; I can't let you know. If everything I hide suddenly overflow, Nobody would ...