Skip to main content

Did They Read My Selfish Mind?



I've come to the end, of a long week,
I could not help, but think of sleep,
Feeling so tired, fed-up and weak,
I wondered what happened to my to do dreams.

I added a lot to my to do list,
I'll be stuck if I choose to sleep,
My eyes begged and chose to weep,
"We need sleep, we need sleep".

I told them both about my dreams,
They laughed and asked, "How will you see?",
I told them both "I've got you guys",
They told me that they might die.

I told them both its not time to sleep,
They asked me, "When can we sleep?",
I said, "At night when I am home",
They said, "Oh, we know you more".

They were right there was no time,
I had more chores to do at night,
To play my games, to browse the feed,
To watch more movies, to ditch my sleep,
Those for sure I will never leave.

I had no choice but to lie,
"I'll make sure you get sleep on time",
They replied, "You better treat us right",
Did they read my selfish mind?




-Debra R. N. Ludwick-

Comments