Skip to main content

Now That's Very Clear...




Screaming out aloud in fear,
I opened my eyes in my room so dear,
It's a nightmare from a distance I hear,
Go back to bed, I'll be near.

My heart filled with so much fear,
Wondering where the monster disappeared,
Praying that he will not reappear,
I must be brave there's no monster in here.

Walking into the mall that's near,
My friend and I stood under the chandelier,
The weather was great outside and the skies so clear,
I remembered my previous night's fear.

I was about to share it with my peer,
I noticed that she had just disappeared,
Telling myself it's no doubt my dear,
I saw her rushing to pierce her ear.

Thinking of last night's fears,
I happened to see eyes filled with tears,
Far away I heard someone cheer,
Another hung up the phone saying, I wish you were near.

It's our own lives, nobody can interfere,
With this thought I saw my peer,
With a broad smile and a pierced ear,
In her eyes was a fading tear.

"Was it painful to you my dear?"
She said, "yes, it gave me tears",
Considering all the fears, tears and cheers,
What they go through, are surely unclear,
But this is life, Now that's very clear.


-Debra R. N. Ludwick-

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your Only Choice...

Looking at the clock, Trying hard to stop, The time that runs, With more to be done. Staring at the setting sun, The wind conveys, the night has begun, Fakely accepting, the praises that surrounds, With regrets about, the things undone. The curious eyes, started her chase, Girls with grins, running out of the gates, Guys crawled in, with their long face, Another hopped to shop, with the money he made. The doves flew towards their cage, Owls flew out, with their scary gaze, They all switched shifts, each and every day, For nature's company, isn't that great? When things take place, in unexpected ways, Good things take time, is what they say, Sorrow and joy, may join the same day, Life needs the company of patience, is what I say, In this life things may delay,  But your only choice is to stay. -Debra R. N. Ludwick-

The Narrowing Stream...

When it was time, to be in my mother's reach, I would have welcomed the world, with my baby scream, With my mom and dad, I made my safety team, Oh how I longed, to complete all my vaccines, By that time, I've come all the way to my teens. From then to now, I longed to see, Myself on, the highest mountain peaks, My fears ranged, covering my path with steam, This mind haunted the nights, stealing my sleep, Forever I'm stuck, with these daily routines. How on Earth are these things worth it? To trade my joy, to trade my sleep, I scare my heart, in my mind I scream, When it comes to my life, I feel like a machine, Even they do stop, at their highest degrees. I long and long, forever in life's streets, With one in hand, to the next I reach, This is how the world goes, not only for me, This life on Earth is a narrowing stream, And this stream, seems to be based, on our dreams. -Debra R. N. Ludwick-

You Can Call Me A Pro...

Along with time we all grow, This surely is no secret hidden in the snow, We travel this life with many new Hellos, Something's my friend, I can't let you know. Some took place a long time ago, Some I decided to tear and throw, Some left behind a never-ending glow, Everything my friend, I can't let you know. Its hidden in my mind below, I may take it out, but I'll never show, Not all at once, they might overflow, All of them my friend, I can't let you know. They are all lined up, in my mind, in a row, I store them all, each day, I add more, They are not big deals, that I will let you know, But still my friend, I can't let you know. It's not my pride or my selfishness that glow, It's just that, it's mine and nobody should know, I'll let you know one thing I adore, Don't let your mind be a talking sparrow, I hope you understand; I can't let you know. If everything I hide suddenly overflow, Nobody would ...